The MP40 is a weapon in Rise of the Triad 95.
The MP40 is a sub machine gun originally used during World War II. It’s found a new use as a weapon used by the Triads.The Triad version has unlimited ammo and does not need to be reloaded. It’s high rate of fire means it can take down nearly anything with enough patience.
Each shot from the MP40 will briefly stun an enemy. By constantly firing at something with the MP40, the target can be constantly stunned, preventing them from ever attacking. The ability to constantly stun an enemy allows an MP40 user to take down even the strongest foes, such as the Enforcer.
Like the Pistols, the MP40 does not work against robotic enemies nor bosses.
- The MP40 is an excellent jack-of-all-trades weapon. It can eliminate nearly anything, from measly Low Guards to mighty Enforcers. It’ll take some time to down the larger foes, but it works.
- The MP40 is also great for conserving explosives ammo for stronger foes or large groups of enemies. For example, use the MP40 to take down single Low Guards instead of an explosive weapon so that they can be used for powerful foes, such as the High Guard, This is especially handy for bosses, as you can take out any weak enemies before the boss in order to converse explosive ammo for the boss.
- Use the MP40 to make dangerous enemies, like the Enforcer or Deathfire Monk, harmless. Firing at them with the MP40 will constantly stun them, making it impossible for them to attack.
- The MP40 has good accuracy, so feel free to use it at long ranges.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The MP40 was originally meant to be a reskin of Wolfeinstein 3D's Machine Gun in an earlier version of Rise of the Triad called Rise of the Triad: Wolfenstein 3D Part Two. Art from when Rise of the Triad was a sequel to Wolfenstein 3D shows that the Machine Gun looked exactly like an MP40. However, the actual art is different from the MP40 seen in the final game.